This is a list of 10 Wellness Resources that I use that support me in staying healthy in mind and body.
1. Lotus Wei was founded by Katie Hess because she wanted to share her passion for flowers. Her team creates essences which are liquid infusions of wild flowers. Their healing purposes range from opening your heart to connecting to your inner knowing to stabilizing yourself by quieting your mind.
2. Anima Mundi Herbals is a family owned and operated modern day apothecary. It was founded by Adriana Ayales who sources ingredients from small and ethical farms in North, Central and South America, India and Thailand. Here you can find herbs, elixirs and tonics that will help you with digestive health, immune support, sleep and relaxation difficulties. You can chat on-line with an herbalist for free to receive a recommendation if you don’t know where to start.
3. Thrive Market is a healthy online marketplace that carries organic, non-GMO, non-toxic, and sustainable products. There is a yearly membership fee and it’s worth it for me. I’ve been with them for more than 7 years. They have over 1 million members and the company is B-certified, which helps me to trust them more.
4. Banyan Botanicals offers health products that are based on the wisdom of Ayurveda. I had a skin rash on my face for which my medical doctor and a dermatologist prescribed two different ointments. Neither one helped me to get sustainable results. I reached out to this company and they recommended a product which cleared up my skin condition.
5. Calm is a mindfulness app with loads of high quality meditations, breathwork practices and masterclasses (i.e. from Elizabeth Gilbert, Dr. Shefali Tsabar, etc.) I use it primarily for their curated playlists that have a soothing and calming affect on my nervous system. They have playlists for reading, winding down at night, morning routines and even one for driving.
6. InsightTimer is a mindfulness app that I use to find interesting meditations from a diverse pool of teachers, such as photographer Darius Bashar and reiki practitioner, Jason McGrice. Find someone who you resonate with by searching for what you need support with. I create and upload my own meditations and courses on that platform.
7. Music is part of my daily life. I listen to various melodies, songs, mantras, depending on what I am going through emotionally. I also use music when I create rituals, during the new moon or full moon, for release, activation or when I need guidance. Deva Premal, Parijat, Pablo Arellano and Pandora meditation station are some of my favorites when it comes to music.
8. The Secret Language of Your Body, by Inna Segal, is a book that helped me to understand my physical ailments from the level of subtle energy, as well as unconscious patterns that are playing out through my body. You can literally flip to the index to look up your health challenge and it will tell you what’s the underlying issue you are experiencing.
9. Meditative Story Podcast helps me to drop in deeper into myself and to feel a connection I share with other human beings on this planet. I feel inspired and awed by the simple truths that the guests on this podcast reveal. It helps me to realize that I am not “that different”.
10. Nature has been a paramount source of healing for me in the last few years. I really enjoy spending time outside by the ocean and in the parks. I also LOVE grounding. If you haven’t yet heard of this earthing practice, I invite you to watch “The Earthing Movie”. This practice has been scientifically proven to lower anxiety, inflammation, and pain in the body. The healing process of the body improves by 60-70%.
Give these a try and let me know how it goes for you!
***Note: In case you are wondering, I am not an affiliate and don’t receive commission from these companies.